Our sustainability activities demonstrate a commitment to maintaining globally sustainable operations. Our philosophy for corporate citizenship focuses on “Healthcare and Education” to look after the wellbeing of our employees and the communities around which we operate. It also extends to ethical conduct in our dealings with suppliers, clients and other stakeholders.
OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Committing to UNGC’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to lay out a roadmap over the next 15 years to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice and protect the planet.
- Employing best practices in risk management for our employees. Includes preventive education and training, health screening, vaccination, tracking and assistance to employees headed to higher risk destinations.
- Partnering with clients on community health initiatives to reduce Malaria, YAWs, HIV, tuberculosis and filariasis. We also promote clean water, wellness and healthy practices to prevent strokes, diabetes, infectious disease and cancer in many communities worldwide.
- Raising funds and donating time support many “Healthcare and Education” causes worldwide.
- Helping young graduates through our work with AIESEC, the world’s largest youth-run organisation, providing young people with leadership development and cross-cultural internships.
Our Sustainability Committee meets regularly under our Executive Committee to supervise and support International SOS’ sustainability activities. The composition of this committee includes: Group Director, HR; General Manager, Group Marketing; Senior Manager, Group Marketing and other key operational and regional stakeholders.