Launched in March 2012, the International SOS Foundation has the goal of improving the safety, security, health and welfare of people working abroad or on remote assignments through the study, understanding and mitigation of potential risks. It is a fully independent, not-for-profit organisation.
The escalation of globalisation has enabled more individuals to work across borders and in unfamiliar environments; exposure to risks which can impact personal health, security and safety increases along with travel. The Foundation is a registered charity and was started with a grant from International SOS.
Our mission is to:
- Study the potential health, safety and security risks linked to international and remote assignments.
- Provide information to governments, employers, workers and contractors on the aforementioned risks.
- Encourage employers to develop and strengthen their corporate social responsibility in areas in proximity to their worksite.
- Encourage the development of an international instrument to address the prevention and mitigation of the aforementioned risks as well as guidance on what should be done when an accident, illness or security situation occurs.
- Provide a means of wide-spread dissemination of information on the aforementioned risks using communications including leaflets, web-based publications, scientific articles, books, films, meetings and seminars.
- Conduct other activities in furtherance of the goal as determined by the board of the Foundation.
- We will accomplish our aims through research, analysis and study to better understand the risks and improve wellbeing. #
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.